L-D School District
The Lead and Deadwood school systems were combined in 1971 to form the Lead-Deadwood School District. The district has four attendance centers including Lead-Deadwood High School, the Career and Technical Education Campus at the Box Elder Job Corps site, Lead-Deadwood Middle School, and Lead-Deadwood Elementary School. The district high school has been accredited by the North Central Association since 1908.
The mission of the Lead-Deadwood School is that students will graduate equipped with the skills needed to be successful and responsible citizens. The Lead-Deadwood School District focuses on core academic subjects, while ensuring the development of the whole child through positive relationships, character, service, wellness, and community collaboration.
The Board of Education supports students, teachers, and classified staff with the intent of creating high morale and a safe, accountable learning environment, which fosters positive parent, staff, and community involvement. The Lead-Deadwood School District strives to make decisions based on the overall goals of the school district and that are grounded in the principles set forth within the mission and vision of the district.
Black Hills State University, located in the scenic northern Black Hills – Spearfish, South Dakota, offers 75 academic programs at the associate, bachelor, and master degree levels.
SD School of Mines & Technology
Founded in 1885 to provide instruction in the region’s primary industry, mining, the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology is an exceptional science and engineering research university today, offering a wide variety of bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees.
Western Dakota Tech
WDT offers more than 30 programs in a variety of fields, including Business and Computers, Construction Trades, Health Services, Legal and Public Services, Manufacturing and Mechanical Trades, and Science and Technology. More than 98 percent of WDT’s most recent graduates are working, continuing their education, or serving in the military, and 90 percent remain in South Dakota.