South Dakota provides a great business climate as well as a number of financial incentives at both the local and state level. Deadwood-Lead Economic Development has its own revolving loan program. We provide working initial and gap financing to qualified new and existing operations. In addition, there are loan programs available at the county, state and federal level and DLED will assist with all applications.
DL Economic Development provides initial and gap financing through our Revolving Loan Fund. In addition, to our loan funds there are several private and public financing options available for businesses in the region. We can assist you in locating a lending source for your business or project.
The South Dakota entrepreneur has a competitive edge over all his/her business counterparts in the United States. The South Dakota business person enjoys:
- No corporate income tax
- No personal income tax
- No personal property tax
- No business inventory tax
- No inheritance tax
Property Tax Incentive
All areas/properties within Lead city limits are eligible. The work completed must add a minimum of $5000.00 of assessed value to the property
Tax Incentive (based on added value of improvements and/or additions)
- Year 1: 20% of added value
- Year 2: 40% of added value
- Year 3: 60% of added value
- Year 4: 80% of added value
- Year 5: 100% of added value
- Eligible work includes all work to improve the structure, to include, but not limited to, foundations, outside walls, decks, driveways, garages, framing, new walls, remodeling, fixtures, roofs, painting, carpet and flooring.
- Ineligible work includes, but is not limited to, landscaping, fences, retaining walls and gardens.
- All eligible work must be listed on the Building Permit issued by the Building Inspector of the city of Lead.
- All eligible work will be assessed by the Lawrence County Equalization and will not be based on the Building Permit value.